OSL Awards 2022
The call for the 2022 OSL Awards is now open! Just like last year, OSL will award a prize for five categories: ‘published scholarly book’, ‘published article’, ‘PhD dissertation’, ‘ReMA thesis’ and ‘valorization‘. The Awards are intended to acknowledge original and innovative contributions to the field of literary studies and to highlight the work of talented OSL students and scholars. Each OSL Award comes with prize money of € 500,-.
- ‘Published scholarly book’ and ‘published article’: Participants must be OSL members who have obtained their PhD from 1 January 2018 onwards at OSL or a university outside the Netherlands. A completed PhD is not a requirement. The works must have been published in one of the modern European languages within the period 1 January 2018 – 15 September 2022. Publications that have been submitted for the OSL Awards in previous years are not eligible for the 2022 edition.
- ‘PhD dissertation’: Participants must be OSL PhD candidates who have submitted the final version of their dissertation between 1 January 2021 and 15 September 2022. Participants will have to provide evidence that the file they submitted constitutes the final version of their dissertation. A completed PhD is not a requirement.
- ‘ReMA thesis’: Participants must be OSL ReMA students who have submitted the final version of their thesis between 1 January 2021 and 15 September 2022. Participants will have to provide evidence that the file they submitted constitutes the final version of their thesis. A completed ReMA is not a requirement, but the thesis must have received a minimum grade of 8,0 by the date of submission.
- ‘Valorization‘: Any OSL member can participate by submitting a brief description (max. 1000 words) of a valorization activity or project they have conducted between 1 January 2021 and 15 September 2022. Participants are welcome to also provide additional evidence regarding their valorization activity (e.g. websites, newspaper articles, links to video recordings, etc.).
- Articles and other files should to be submitted as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Books can be submitted in digital form as well (if available), otherwise a hardcopy should be sent to Netherlands School for Literary Studies (Prof. Dr. Pablo Valdivia), Harmony Building, Oude Kijk in ‘t Jatstraat 26, 9712 EK Groningen.
- The deadline for proposals for the 2020 OSL Award is 15 September 2022.
- The winners of the OSL Awards will be announced in December 2022.
Awards Committee: to be announced.
We look forward to your submissions!
Winners of previous editions
2021: Marit van de Warenburg and Wouter Woltering (ReMA thesis); Kila van der Starre and Roel Smeets (PhD thesis); Carlijn Cober (published article); Kila van der Starre (valorization)
2020: Dr. Marc Farrant and Jesse van Amelsvoort