About OSL Research Incubator
At OSL, we know that traditional funding schemes do not always meet the current needs of researchers. In this regard, we have decided to create a new blue-sky science annual call that will foster and promote research that is not oriented toward immediate output nor driven toward creating a monetary return. The best example that illustrates why blue-sky science is important is found in the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland, which was conceived as a project with no clear goal but established under the principles of free scientific inquiry. Likewise, scaled to our OSL community, we aim to provide a similar open space for exploration and experimentation within the boundaries of our institutional mission and actual capacities.
What does the OSL Research Incubator include?
- 5000 euros budget to spend on expert meetings and joint blue-sky science activities (i.e., travel and accommodation expenses, research support, etc.)
- OSL support for logistics / organization
- OSL promotion of the Research Incubator events, meetings and projects
Who can apply?
Groups between 5 minimum to 10 maximum OSL members (staff and students) are eligible. Proposals should comprise a good balance between staff and student members; inter-faculty and internationally oriented groups will be prioritized. The Research Incubator will have a life-span of 12 months maximum. The group will have to produce a research incubator log memo (free form) which must be submitted to email@example.com upon completion of the life-span, reflecting the activities and work-in-progress developed at the Research Incubator.
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying for this scheme, please submit your application comprising the following information:
- Research Incubator Title
- 5 Keywords
- OSL Students and Staff Members Participating (affiliation and email)
- 400-word max letter of motivation and rationale for applying to the Research Incubator scheme
Deadline for submission
30 January 2023 at 14:00 via firstname.lastname@example.org