OSL Awards 2019
This year, OSL will reward three of its members with an Award for the following categories: published scholarly book, published article, and PhD thesis manuscript. The Awards are intended to acknowledge original and innovative contributions to the field of literary studies and to highlight the work of talented scholars at the beginning of their careers. The OSL Awards come with prize money of € 500,- for each award.
- Recipients must be OSL members who have obtained their PhD no longer than four years ago at OSL or a university outside the Netherlands; a completed PhD is not a requirement.
- The award will be granted for works in the field of literary studies of outstanding quality and originality in three different categories: published scholarly book, published article, and PhD thesis manuscript.
- The works must have been published (or submitted, in the case of the thesis) in one of the modern European languages, within a period of four years prior to the granting of the award, i.e. within the period 2015-2019 for the 2019 OSL Award. Publications that have been submitted for the OSL Award in previous years are not eligible for the OSL Award 2019.
- Publications can be submitted by the authors themselves or anybody else. Submissions should be accompanied by a brief motivation in which the merits of the publication are outlined.
- Articles should to be submitted as PFD-files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Books can be submitted in digital form as well (if available), otherwise a hardcopy should be sent to Netherlands School for Literary Studies (Prof. Dr. Pablo Valdivia), Harmony Building, Oude Kijk in ‘t Jatstraat 26, 9712 EK Groningen.
- The deadline for proposals for the 2019 OSL Award is July 1, 2019.
- The OSL Awards will be presented to the winners during the OSL Research Day on October 11, 2019 in Groningen.
Awards Committee: Dr. Marguérite Corporaal (Radboud University), Dr Monica Jansen (Utrecht University), Dr Florian Lippert (University of Groningen).
We look forward to your submissions!