The call for the 2021 OSL Awards is now open! As usual, OSL will reward two of its members with an Award for the categories ‘published scholarly book’ and ‘published article’. In addition to that, we are happy to announce three extra categories, namely ‘PhD dissertation’, ‘ReMA thesis’ and ‘valorization‘. The Awards are intended to acknowledge original and innovative contributions to the field of literary studies and to highlight the work of talented OSL students and scholars. The OSL Awards come with prize money of € 500,- for each award.
- ‘Published scholarly book’ and ‘published article’: Participants must be OSL members who have obtained their PhD from 1 January 2017 onwards at OSL or a university outside the Netherlands. A completed PhD is not a requirement. The works must have been published in one of the modern European languages within the period 1 January 2017 – 15 September 2021. Publications that have been submitted for the OSL Awards in previous years are not eligible for the 2021 edition.
- ‘PhD dissertation’: Participants must be OSL PhD candidates who have submitted the final version of their dissertation between 1 January 2020 and 15 September 2021. Participants will have to provide evidence that the file they submitted constitutes the final version of their dissertation. A completed PhD is not a requirement.
- ‘ReMA thesis’: Participants must be OSL ReMA students who have submitted the final version of their thesis between 1 January 2020 and 15 September 2021. Participants will have to provide evidence that the file they submitted constitutes the final version of their thesis. A completed ReMA is not a requirement, but the thesis must have received a minimum grade of 8,0 by the date of submission.
- ‘Valorization‘: Any OSL member can participate by submitting a brief description (max. 1000 words) of a valorization activity or project they have conducted between 1 January 2020 and 15 September 2021. Participants are welcome to also provide additional evidence regarding their valorization activity (e.g. websites, newspaper articles, links to video recordings, etc.).
- Articles and other files should to be submitted as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Books can be submitted in digital form as well (if available), otherwise a hardcopy should be sent to Netherlands School for Literary Studies (Prof. Dr. Pablo Valdivia), Harmony Building, Oude Kijk in ‘t Jatstraat 26, 9712 EK Groningen.
- The deadline for proposals for the 2020 OSL Award is 15 September 2021.
- The winners of the OSL Awards will be announced in December 2021.
Awards Committee: to be announced.
We look forward to your submissions!