Speculation and Fabulation: Critique in the SF Mode
The First Series of the Terra Critica ReadingRoom
Terra Critica, the international research network for the re-examination of cultural theory and critique in the 21th century, launches a new series of meetings called ReadingRoom. The sessions are open to anyone interested in careful and caring close readings of literary and critical texts and intended to create a space for meaningful conversations in the humanities and beyond. The first series of meetings will address the topic “Speculation & Fabulation: Critique in the SF Mode” and will focus on texts by Félix Guattari, Octavia Butler, Stanislaw Lem, Hélène Cixous, Clarice Lispector and others. The first meeting of the ReadingRoom on Dec 13 & 14 will consist of a screening of/workshop on Graeme Thomson and Silvia Maglioni’s film In Search of UIQ (2013) on Felix Guattari’s unfilmed screenplay Un Amour d’UIQ on Saturday and a discussion of parts of Guattari’s Chaosmosis (chapter 1 & 6) on Sunday.
- Session One: Saturday, 13 Dec 2014 / Sunday, 14 Dec 2014 at Casco
- Session Two: Tuesday, 20 Jan 2015 at Casco
- Session Three: Tuesday, 3 March 2015 at Casco
- Session Four: Friday, 1 May 2015 at Utrecht University, room tba
- Session Five: Tuesday, 26 May 2015 at Utrecht University, room tba