Tijdschrift voor Genderstudies
Call for editorial board members
The Tijdschrift voor Genderstudies (Dutch Journal of Gender Studies) is a forum for scholarly research on gender in relation to other social categories such as ethnicity, sexuality, class, and age. The journal aims to contribute to debates about gender and diversity in the Netherlands and Flanders as an interdisciplinary medium operating at the intersection of social sciences, the humanities, health sciences, life sciences and STEM. The journal publishes articles, essays, columns, interviews, reviews, summaries of dissertations and conference reports in English and Dutch. We publish four issues per year.
The Editorial Board currently invites new members to join us.
What is involved?
Running a journal is hard work, but it is also fun, a great way to get to know new scholars in your field, stay up to date with the latest interdisciplinary gender research, and a wonderful opportunity to gain experience with the academic editorial processes. Responsibilities of editorial board membership include, but are not limited to:
- Reading articles;
- Proof-reading and copy-editing for publication;
- Attending meetings (approx. four per year);
- Corresponding with authors and reviewers;
- Spreading the word about the journal.
Editorial board members spend on average 8 – 12 hours per month on these activities. The expectation is that you would commit to being a member of the editorial board for at least two years. We aim to have new members in place by November 2020.
If you think you might be interested:
- Fill in the form overleaf, telling us a bit more about yourself; and
- Send the form before 19 October 2020 to Fleur van Leeuwen (email@example.com)
- Any questions you may have regarding the position can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editorial board members are usually affiliated with universities in the Netherlands or Flanders, have research interests in the Netherlands or Flanders, and/or have a background in Dutch/Flemish institutions. New editorial board members may be at any stage in their academic career: you may – for example – have just started your PhD or have recently retired. We welcome applications from scholars from any academic discipline and encourage scholars from groups that are underrepresented in academia to apply, including minority groups and people in positions other than academic posts – such as those of activist, librarian or curator. New editorial board members will be selected on the following criteria:
- Subject specialisms, theoretical perspectives and methodological expertise;
- Relevant journal and publishing experience as well as related experience – for
example, organising reading groups or workshops;
- Institutional affiliation(s).
Institutional affiliation if applicable:
Statement of Interest:
Please explain in 250 – 400 words why you are interested in being an editorial board member of Tijdschrift voor Genderstudies and what skills and/or experience you would bring.
We look forward to hearing from you!