Each year, OSL rewards two of its members with an OSL Award for the publication of an excellent scholarly book and article. The Awards are intended to acknowledge original and innovative contributions to the field of literary studies and to highlight the work of talented scholars at the beginning of their careers. The OSL Awards come with prize money of € 500,- for each award.
- Recipients must be OSL members who have obtained their PhD no longer than four years ago at OSL or a university outside the Netherlands; a completed PhD is not a requirement.
- The award will be granted for works in the field of literary studies of outstanding quality and originality in two different categories: publications in the form of academic articles and in the form of monographs. The works must have been published in one of the modern European languages, within a period of four years prior to the granting of the award, i.e. within the period 2014-2018 for the 2018 OSL Award. Publications that have been submitted for the OSL Award in previous years are not eligible for the OSL Award 2018.
- Publications can be submitted by the authors themselves or anybody else. Submissions should be accompanied by a brief motivation in which the merits of the publication are outlined.
- Articles should to be submitted as PFD-files to OSLfirstname.lastname@example.org. Books can be submitted in digital form as well (if available), otherwise a hardcopy should be sent to Onderzoekschool Literatuurwetenschap, UvA, Kloverniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
- The deadline for proposals for the 2018 OSL Award is July 1, 2018.
- The OSL Awards will be presented to the winners during the OSL Research Day on October 12, 2018 in Groningen.
Awards Committee: Prof dr Hans Bertens (Utrecht University), dr Inge van de Ven (Tilburg University), Prof. dr Jos Joosten (Radboud University)
We look forward to your submissions!